PKZIP for unix?

Steven W Orr steveo at world.std.com
Thu Jun 27 03:20:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun26.124258.19046 at world.std.com> cmascott at world.std.com (Carl Mascott) writes:
>In article <1991Jun25.120925.12737 at news.larc.nasa.gov> jka at mris.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) writes:
>>Hello,
>>  Does anyone out there know if PKZIP exists for unix and if so
>>  where can I get a copy of it?
>
>My company sells a PKZIP clone for '386 XENIX and '386 UNIX System V
>Release 3.2 or later.  It's a pretty complete implementation (except
>for encryption).  For more info you can contact us at:
>
> [etc. etc....]

>From the
file that accompanied the PD software....

All E-Mail should go to Info-ZIP at WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil directly
(and not to me:  I'm only the Coordinator).  However, if you're
requesting something special (e.g., a copy of the "No Feelthy ..."
rules for source and change submission), E-Mail me personally.

Information on commercial usage, licensing, etc. is NOT available.
We at Info-ZIP are currently researching how to best handle this
problem.  (There are potential copyright problems.)  So don't bug us.
We have little interest in commercial developers, and by Internet
rules, are forbidden to discuss such filthy topics in any case.

If you'd like to keep up to date with our unzip (and companion zip
utility) development, join the ranks of BETA testers, add your own
thoughts and contributions, etc., send your request to

 Info-ZIP-Request at WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil

and Keith Petersen'll add you to the Info-ZIP newsletter mailing
list.

--
----------Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.------------------
Steven W. Orr      steveo at world.std.com     uunet!world!steveo