more ISC: binary portability; ISC 2.2, ISC 2.2.1

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sat Jun 29 11:34:05 AEST 1991

In article <jkflnph at rpi.edu> dorsai at iear.arts.rpi.edu (gregory d moncreaff) writes:
>i am wondering if,
>for example, gcc was compiled on another ISC system. could that
>compiled copy of gcc be copied onto my system and run well enough
>so that i can do a clean compile to produce a stable development system

No, you need all the various libraries, include files, etc., that come
with a development system.

Conor, is this question eligible for the FAQ?  It's hardly sysv386 specific,
but it sure gets asked a lot...
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)