Anyone using ESIX V.4?d

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Wed Jun 19 23:16:06 AEST 1991

kaleb at thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) writes:
>In article <7934 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> rbraun at spdcc.COM (Rich Braun) writes:
>>larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>>But Dell also comes with DOS Merge - does ESIX (for 995/1295) price?
>>
>>OK, ESIX folks, can you answer this one:  will a DOS emulator (a la
>>DOS Merge or ISC VP/ix) *ever* be available for ESIX?  This may be one
>>of the sticking points here, because a number of people want to run
>>DOS software at our site.{
>>

>They're available now.  VP/ix from ISC works on ESIX.  AT&T Simultask
>works on ESIX.

But not ESIX R4 (or so I'm told).  The reason being is that ESIX is based on
SysV/386 R4.0.3.  All of the other vendors are based on R4.0 or R4.0.1.
DOS/Merge only works with those prior versions.  As for VP/ix.  I don't know.
Supposedly ESIX is working with Locus to get DOS/Merge 386 running under their
Unix R4.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca