Need to find AT&T SysV/386 3.2 dev. system

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Mon Jun 10 17:30:28 AEST 1991

In article <price.676526763 at helios> price at helios.unl.edu (Chad Price) writes:
>Why use the AT&T compiler when the gnu C compiler is available.

Because it doesn't come with a library or header files, and the GNU C
library that is out there is incomplete so far (almost every vendor has more
than just "standard" routines in their libraries).

>CHeck
>the copy write though - some comercial uses may not be allowed by the
>gnu copywrite (like you cannot sell the results).

1.  It's 'copyright.'  As in 'right to copy.'
2.  You're referring to the 'copyleft,' which is actually a license.
3.  You can sell any GNU product -- provided you provide sources (or any one
of a few other options).  Since the buyer can then do anything he, she, or
it wants with the sources, most people doing so tend to do so for
"reasonable" prices.  Read the copyleft (file COPYING provided with any
GNU program) and/or gnu.misc.discuss.

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."