Need to find AT&T SysV/386 3.2 dev. system

Chad Price price at helios.unl.edu
Mon Jun 10 14:06:03 AEST 1991

koji at isi.edu (Koji Okazaki) writes:

>Greetings fellow geeklings...

>A client of mine has a basic AT&T SysV/386 3.2 system running
>on their AT386 box.  Now, I'm in the need of getting the development
>system (i.e., compilers, C library, make, debuggers) added to the
>basic Unix system so I can do some coding.  (Awk and csh ain't enough for
>what I need to do.)

>The problem is that the former consultant left no records of where he
>bought the Unix s/w.  AT&T has been of little help to me.  I asked for
>local resellers and they gave me a wrong number and another reseller that
>doesn't even know what Unix is ("We need the PART number to help you out").
>Well, I don't know what the bloody heck the part number is.

>If any of you can point me to some (reliable) AT&T Unix resellers (not
>necessarily local to L.A.), I'd appreciate it very much.

Why use the AT&T compiler when the gnu C compiler is available. CHeck
the copy write though - some comercial uses may not be allowed by the
gnu copywrite (like you cannot sell the results).

We have used gcc and gnu-emacs quite sucessfully on an AT&T 6386 tower
with Sys V, 3.2 rel 2.1 at the Soil Conservation Service for 9 months
now. We are not going to be selling anything of what we write and souce
is also available to users who want it, so we do not think we are
vilating their copywrite.

chad price
price at fergvax.unl.edu