X11R4 for "The Blit"

Carl Mueller mueller at pooh.cs.unc.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:35:11 AEST 1991

On my desk is an Intel 386 box with an "82786 Workstation Graphics Engine."
This display card is apparently nicknamed "the Blit" and has the nice
feature of providing a 1664x1200 monochrome image.

Unfortunately, I have only a crippled version of X11R3 for it.  There was
no source lying around, and this version does not even accept TCP/IP X
connections, making it nearly usesless for my purposes.

Does anyone else out there have one of these and a better X?  Or would
my chances be better to find a VGA board and monitor?  I'd hate to give
up the big picture.

This system is running UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2.

-Carl (mueller at cs.unc.edu)

(email responses are preferred; I don't visit this group too often.)