CodeView/SCO question

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Tue Jun 18 02:05:07 AEST 1991

One of my co-workers wants to use CodeView under SCO Unix.  The documentation
provided with it is apparently taken verbatim from the MicroSoft DOS
implementation.  CodeView uses the "Alt" key to access menus, and of
course the "Alt" key sends nothing to an application running under Unix.

Is anyone else out there using CodeView?  I'd like to pass on a few tips
to my co-worker, if this debugger can in fact be used to load up a fairly
sizeable application compiled under Unix (we're using the gcc compiler).
If the mouse support works, I'd like to know more about that too.

I've been using gdb myself, and it works fairly well under SCO Unix 3.2.2
but it doesn't have the whizbang user interface of CodeView.

Thanks,
-rich