ISC TCP/IP 1.2 hangs?

Todd Ogasawara todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Fri Jun 7 08:41:53 AEST 1991

I'm having a problem with ISC's TCP/IP 1.2 and wanted to get some
confirmation before I make a call to ISC and start complaining...

Couple of pieces of information...
1. I'm running ISC TCP/IP 1.2 under ISC UNIX 2.2 on an Everex 386/33
   with 8MB RAM and an 80387. I have a WD8003 ethernet card for use
   with TCP/IP.
2. I've received confirmation from ISC that at least one problem I've
   encountered (telnet sessions remaining hung [as reported by netstat])
   is a bug in TCP/IP 1.2.
3. My problem is that I've noticed that TCP/IP 1.2 is hanging on me
   about once a week now. Sessions will abruptly hang. The processes
   and session are still showing as active as reported by 'ps' and
   'netstat'. However, there is no way to ping the ISC UNIX box from a
   remote station. The ISC UNIX box itself appears to be running ok, except
   for that fact that all network capabilities are lost (it can't ping a
   remote station either).
4. The only solution to restore TCP/IP seems to be to reboot the ISC UNIX
   box. This can get pretty annoying if I have to do it once or twice a
   week.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem (i.e., TCP/IP hanging and
requiring a reboot)? Will TCP/IP 1.3 from ISC fix these problems? And, wher
is TCP/IP 1.3?

--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Telephone      ::: (808) 536-9162 ext. 7