Unix->DOS large files. Thanks for the help

Richard Griffiths richard at xanth.b11.ingr.com
Wed Jun 26 01:54:24 AEST 1991

Thanks to the many people who sent solutions to the problem of moving large files from Unix to DOS.   The one I'm going with is a public domain pax/tar/cpio for dos that can read multi-volume tar/cpio diskettes created on Unix workstations.  Another suggestion was using dd or the public domain utility bsplit to break the files up into sections that would fit on DOS formatted diskettes.  Then use DOS copy +part01 + part02 etc to rebuild the original file.  All were workable solutions that would get the job

done.
Thanks again to everyone.

--
Richard A. Griffiths              ...uunet!ingr!b11!xanth!richard   (UUCP)
Intergraph Corp.                  richard at b11.ingr.com          (Internet)