Santa Cruz Operation settles Lotus lawsuit

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Wed Jun 19 14:17:54 AEST 1991

"In another victory in its controversial copyright battle with software
rivals, Lotus Development Corp. said Monday it reached an out-of-court
settlement with Santa Cruz Corporation, Inc. [sic], which Lotus accused of
illegally copying its 1-2-3 spreadsheet.

"As part of the accord, Santa Cruz Operation [sic] will pull its SCO
Professional spreadsheet from the market.  The company, based in Santa Cruz,
also agreed to recommend that its customers switch to 1-2-3 and to help
Lotus market 1-2-3 to Professional users."

Quoted from the San Jose Mercury News, which got it from The Boston Globe.
There's a lot more; I do recommend that people read the article.

I also recommend that, if you are of a mind, and either are or might
potentially be a customer, that you let SCO know what you think of their
action.  (Which, unfortunately, are understandable, all things considering.)

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."