Santa Cruz Operation settles Lotus lawsuit

Orville R. Weyrich orville at weyrich.UUCP
Wed Jun 19 19:17:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.041754.6367 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
>"In another victory in its controversial copyright battle with software
>rivals, Lotus Development Corp. said Monday it reached an out-of-court
>settlement with Santa Cruz Corporation, Inc. [sic], which Lotus accused of
>illegally copying its 1-2-3 spreadsheet.
>
>"As part of the accord, Santa Cruz Operation [sic] will pull its SCO
>Professional spreadsheet from the market.  The company, based in Santa Cruz,
>also agreed to recommend that its customers switch to 1-2-3 and to help
>Lotus market 1-2-3 to Professional users."

>I also recommend that, if you are of a mind, and either are or might
>potentially be a customer, that you let SCO know what you think of their
>action.  (Which, unfortunately, are understandable, all things considering.)

I am more of a mind to let Lotus know what I think of THEIR action :-).

I do not have Lotus 1-2-3 on any machine of mine, and will not recommend it
to any client of mine.

Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
Internet: orville%weyrich at uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Fax:      (602) 391-0023                              (Yes! I'm available)