PCOMM hangs modem driver

Emmet P. Gray egray at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 21 02:28:18 AEST 1991

> I'm using PCOMM 1.2.10 with ISC unix 2.0.
> About once in 5 times, pcomm will not disconnect and/or exit.
> The pcomm program freezes and so does my login session.
> kill -9 <pcomm pid> does nothing.  We must reboot!
> I can't continue to use pcomm until this is resolved, and I really
> hate to go back to kermit!

This sounds like a bug I found in Dell's version of SVR4...  There is a
bug in the ldterm streams emulation of termio(7) that prevents the
TIXONC ioctl() from working.  Until there is a fix (rumored to be in
SVR4v3), I just changed Pcomm's flow control to NONE.

Emmet P. Gray				US Army, HQ III Corps & Fort Hood
...!uunet!uiucuxc!fthood!egray		Attn: AFZF-DE-ENV
fthood!egray at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu		Directorate of Engineering & Housing
					Environmental Management Office
					Fort Hood, TX 76544-5057