ODT 1.1 AFS loosing disk space w/ BNEWS

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Jun 15 18:33:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun13.191114.6944 at ingres.Ingres.COM> thomasm at elk.ingres.com (tom markson) writes:
>In order to reclaim this space, I go into Single-user mode, umount the file
>system,  and fsck it.  Many POSSIBLE FILE SIZE ERRORs appear during this
>process and the fsck links  lots of files into lost+found.  Next, I mount the
>file system and rm /u/lost+found/*. I then umount the file system again and
>repeat the fsck/mount/rm/umount procedure until no more more files are
>connected into lost+found.

I had a similar problem.  It was the disk, not the filesystem or filesystem
code.  Try backing up the disk, and then remaking the filesystem (including
testing the drive).

I should also point out that SCO runs B News on their 3.2 machines, and
never had a problem like that.  (kithrup runs C News, with dbz instead of
dbx, so that could make a difference, but I doubt it.)

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."