ST2383N and ESIX (SCO works great!)

Michael Hoffos mikeh at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Sun Jun 23 06:05:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun22.021037.29416 at rfengr.com> rfarris at rfengr.com (Rick Farris) writes:
>In article <1991Jun20.185945.8555 at cpsc.ucalgary.ca> mikeh at cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Michael Hoffos) writes:
>
>> I have had an interesting experience over the last 2 days: I
>> was trying to get ESIX to add an ST2383N connected to a
>> 1542B.
>
>I can't address your ESIX issue, but I can tell you that I
>have 2 of the 2383s connected to a 1542B and they work great
>under SCO ODT.
>
>The performance of the half-height 2383s is so good that I
>no longer buy any full-height drives unless I need at least
>600 MB.
>
>--
>Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
>rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757

Yep, I agree now.  I *finally* got it working.  For some reason or another,
ESIX could not make a file system on any partition *unless* the first
physical partition was a DOS one.  Sort of bugs me, as my primary drive already
has a DOS partition, and I was hoping that I could use the 2383N all for UNIX,
but such is life.

Fantastic drive.  Very cheap, very very fast.  Half height.

Mike Hoffos