Need help in porting 8088/286 assembly code to 386.

James D. Murray jdm at kofax.uucp
Fri Jun 21 06:42:07 AEST 1991

    I am looking for any books/magazine articles that could help me in
realizing the changes that must be made to 8086/80286 assembly code
to make it 80386-only.  I am porting some assembly code from DOS and
Windows to SCO Unix on a 386 machine and I need to optimize it for
386-only operation.

	I'm told that I need to do away with the lds and les instructions
and rewrite code that considers the segement in address calculations.  I am
not an Intel assembly programmer and any printed information on this specific
problem would be very helpful.

Thanks
--

-----