ISC X11

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Jun 20 08:38:09 AEST 1991

wrat at unisql.UUCP (Louis Marco) writes:

>      If I set display to "rambler:0" - rambler is my workstation - I get:

>Client is not authorized to connect to Server

The problem is that the X server on rambler needs to be configured to allow
connections from your 386 host.

>     The 386 knows about rambler; rlogin, etc. works just fine.

Rlogin et. all are different tools from X.  The X server has its own
validation requrements (if it wasn't this way, anybody on any system
could connect to your server and do whatever they wish).

>     I tried playing with the permissions stuff ISC provides via sysadm,
>to no avail.  I looked at configuring a new display, also via sysadm, but

You need to play with the config stuff on rambler, not the ISC box.
--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170