COFF-encapsulation for gnulib when building gcc???

Paul Moore moore at forty2.enet.dec.com
Fri Jun 7 23:14:14 AEST 1991

Hello,

I'm building gcc for the first time, and I've come across the following
paragraph in the installation instructions:

  7. If you are using COFF-encapsulation, you must convert `gnulib'
     to a GNU-format library at this point.  See the file
     `README-ENCAP' in the directory containing the GNU binary file
     utilities, for directions.

The file README-ENCAP isn't included in the kit I've obtained.

Would someone be able to explain what this paragraph means, or perhaps e-mail
me a copy of this file?

Thank you,

- Paul Moore