Problems with Esix 4.0 with 2 disk drives

frieder monninger fm at sigbr.sigcomp.sub.org
Fri Jun 28 03:29:24 AEST 1991

We connected 2 disk drives - a seagate and a syquest to
our esix 4.0 system. We use the adaptec 1542 controller.

We installed esix on each drive and can boot and work with
each drive without problems (the other one is physical connected
but not mounted).

As soon we mount the second drive and make a big cp the system hangs
after some seconds. Some customers have the same problem -
even when they use old-fashioned mfm drives at the same controller.

Did you make similar experience - or (better !!) do you have some
suggestions what we can do ?  Esix suggested to check the terminators -
but I have done this already some times .... (and both drives work
but only alone ...)

Frieder Monninger          SIG Computer GmbH  fm at sigcomp.sub.org
                           D 6333 Braunfels        +49 6472 2096