ESIX Mailing List (info update)

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.natick.ma.us
Sun Jun 16 02:17:04 AEST 1991

06/15/91

Greetings!

This message is an update to information previously posted regarding
"esixlist", a mailing list for those using "ESIX", a SYSVR3 Unix
Operating System for 80x86 computers (discussions pertaining to the
new ESIX SYSVR4 product are also welcome).  Since this list is maintained on
personal time and expense, please follow these guidelines when subscribing
to, or posting to, the list.  Please remember that this is a private
undertaking for the purpose of benefitting all of us using the ESIX OS,
and I have no affiliation with ESIX or Everex.

When subscribing to the list, please follow the following guidelines.

- Internet style addresses are Good.

- If you don't have an "internet style address", please provide a KNOWN GOOD
  PATH to your site.  Subscription correspondence is processed by a human, and
  I need to know how to get esixlist mail back to you.  Due to a recent rash of
  bounced mail, I am forced to implement the following policy:  The FIRST
  occurence of bounced mail destined to your site will result in your name
  being DELETED from the list.

- Please notify me ASAP when you expect your address, account name, path,
  etc to change.

The addresses for the list are as follows:

Subscription correspondence, comments, suggestions, etc:

(in order of decreasing preference)

    esixlist-request at unixland.natick.ma.us
    or
    think!unixland!esixlist-request
    or
    uunet!world!unixland!esixlist-request
    or
    uunet!world!unixland!bill
    or
    think!unixland!bill

Submissions to the list:

    esixlist at unixland.natick.ma.us

Volunteers wanted!

If anyone is familiar with the management of a mailing list, and has
any working solutions for dealing with bounced mail (to keep it from
getting bounced to everyone on the list), please let me know.  I am
running the list on a 386 machine running ESIX (of course :-), and am
using smail 3.1.18 as the transport agent.  Thanks.

Bill Heiser
The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix

--
bill at unixland.natick.ma.us     ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill
OR ..!uunet!world!unixland!bill     heiser at world.std.com
Public Access Unix 508-655-3848(2400)   508-651-8723(HST)  508-651-8733(PEP-V32)

--
bill at unixland.natick.ma.us     ...!uunet!think!unixland!bill
OR ..!uunet!world!unixland!bill     heiser at world.std.com
Public Access Unix 508-655-3848(2400)   508-651-8723(HST)  508-651-8733(PEP-V32)