CONSENSYS SysV R4

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Fri Jun 14 09:07:27 AEST 1991

ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu (Geraldo Veiga) writes:

>How much of PC-AT architecture specific code is  included in AT&T's
>licensed source?  I mean boring things like support for ESDI, SCSI, VGA
>cards and so on.  Did ESIX, ISC, DELL and UHC write their own device
>drivers?

All of the 386 UNIX (note that I say UNIX, not Xenix) products come
from the same AT&T port which provided support for a select group
of AT bus hardware.  Most, if not all, have added functionality
to the drivers, OS and/or applications.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170