Help! Printer loses characters/lines (SCO UNIX)

vivek.kalra vk at cbnewsj.att.com
Tue Jun 11 00:06:15 AEST 1991

Setup:
   SCO UNIX 3.2.2

   486/25 Pioneer Motherboard, AMI BIOS

   Computer Data Co., Data Products B300/B600 line printer
   hooked up via parallel port (Centronix) to the system.

Problem: chews up lines/characters when printing from
         this UNIX machine.

The UNIX machine is hooked up via NFS to another PC
running DOS via PC-NFS.  This DOS machine can print files
on the printer without any problems.  You can actually see
that the printer prints a lot faster when sent a job from
the UNIX machine.

The printer manual doesn't have any information about
XON/XOFF.

This posting is for someone who doesn't have access to the net.
Please email me your suggestions/ideas/things that should be
checked or double-checked and I'll summarize to the net.

Thanks!

Vivek Kalra
vk at honasa.att.com