Kermit & UUGETTY

Peter J. Diaz de Leon peter at miller.cs.uwm.edu
Fri Jun 21 04:37:08 AEST 1991

I am running AT&T SYS V 3.2.1 and a Trailblazer T1600.
UUGETTY is running on the port which the Trailblazer.

What I need is a version of Kermit or some other communication
program which when invoked kills the uugetty, and allows me
to connect to the modem and dial out.

Right now if I invoke kermit and connect the login prompt
scrolls repeatedly accross the screen.

The only solution right now is to edit the inittab file and
comment the line that puts the uugetty on the modem, and
then kill uugetty.  What I am looking for is something a little
more automated similar to what CU does to uugetty.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

    Thanks
    Peter (peter at miller.cs.uwm.edu)