Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 6 00:14:06 AEST 1991

I got quite a few responses to my query:

> I have ISC UNIX System V/386 R 3.2 V2.2 Architech Multi-User but
> after I install the Multi-User Extension and try and turn on more
> than one tty with the sysadm; ttymgmt; modtty function, it still
> gives the message:
>
>   WARNING: The number of ttys in the "on" state is at the license
>   limit. Before turning on a tty you must first change the state of
>   another tty to "off".

There were two solutions:

1. Edit the script the script for  "modtty", /usr/admin/menu/ttymgmt,
   by changing the line that says:

     chklic=1

   to say:

     chklic=0

   and the line that says:

     onlyoff=${warn}

   to say:

     onlyoff=

2. Edit the file /usr/options/.license that says "2" to "3"

Thanks for your help everybody,

--Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp>

Minami Hirao 1-6, Imazato                 The content and process of
Nagaokakyo-shi, Kyoto-fu, 617 Japan           international/cultural
Tel: +81-75-951-1168 Fax: +81-75-957-1087             communication.