Problems with X3861.1 and ESIX

Timothy A. Melton stdtm at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
Fri Mar 8 01:58:41 AEST 1991

I have been using Thomas Roell's excellent X package for a while now.  It
is wonderful!  I have  a couple of questions, however, that I hope someone
out there in net.land can help me with.

Problem 1:

I am running ESIX rev D with a two-user license.  The two-user limitation
essentially works by allowing only one login via a serial port (or I
suppose a non-console/vc port).  Here is the problem: When the X server
is running, I cannot log in through the serial port.  The original ESIX
X server did not have this problem (though I wouldn't go back to it now
if dragged by a hundred wild horses 8-).  I believe I have Roell's server
running via streams (display is unix:0).

Problem 2:

When I try to run VP/ix from an xterm, I get the same old problem of VP/ix
not being able to get the keyboard.  I thought that this version of Roell's
server 'fixed' this problem.  Any idea?

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Tim