ISC - Give 'em credit where due (was BUG IN INTERACTIVE )

John G. DeArmond jgd at Dixie.Com
Fri Mar 8 02:26:43 AEST 1991

bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:

>I think that Marty Stewart deserves the benefit of a doubt here.  If we're too
>quick to paint the "new broom" with the "old brush" we're likely to get more
>of what we've already howled about.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm
>running out of vendors and this one is making encouraging noises.  I'm going
>to hunker down and see if there's really a change, I'm dreaming, or wishful
>thinking.  In the mean time,

>WAY TO GO MARTY ! ! !

I agree.  I've had a series of email chats with Marty and am convinced that
if the powers that be allow her to work, we'll like what she'd doing.
I moderately convinced that the powers that be will allow her to work.

Other sources at ISC have let me know that this fiasco has cause profound
changes.  Perhaps ISC was like an old jackass - It'll do what you want
but only after you use an ax-handle to get its attention.

I join Bill in saying that we gotta give her credit where credit is due.
Not only does she seem to be doing a good job, there is nothing more
valuable in justifying a new policy than to have a handful of notes
from satisfied customers applauding the changes.  Let's give her
some ammunition to keep the good changes coming.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)