IDE Drives with Interactive Unix SysV 3.2 2.02

*Greg* akcs.gregc at vpnet.chi.il.us
Fri Mar 8 20:55:01 AEST 1991

>  Date: Tue Mar 05 1991 18:01
>
>In article <767 at ghp.UUCP> randy at ghp.UUCP (Randy Steves) writes:
>>Has anyone out there tried getting Interactive's sysV 3.2 ver 2.02 running
>>using the IDE type drives and controllers on a 386 based machine?
>>
>>If you did did you have to do anything particular. I have heard that these
>>drives do not work on interactive unix.
>
>I have twice installed the above stated version of Interactive UNIX
>on a generic 20MHz 386 machine with 4 Meg of RAM *and* 100 Meg of IDE
>hard disk drive, no problems, no fixeses of any kind. Everyting worked
>just fine.

Was it slow using a 20MHz machine with Interactive Unix?  I might be getting
a DTK - PTi217 with a Quantum, (I know.. I don't like Quantum) IDE drive and
controller.  Was it one of these you worked on?  :)

A guy can be safe and say; "Hey, this guy did it and I know I won't have
problems."
____
\GC/  Greg Clawson
 \/   Chicago IL. - The heart of America