Colorado Tape driver for SCO UNIX (wanted)

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Fri Mar 29 06:23:09 AEST 1991

In article <AB8JEydmE8 at jet.lat.su> dmit at jet.lat.su writes:
}I use SCO Open Desktop and I own Colorado Tape Backup System JUMBO KE-10 (60
}MB) with tape adaptor. As mentioned in the documentation for Tape, it support
}QIC-40 format.But when I install it in Open Desktop as QIC-40 Cartidge Tape,
}I doesn't get any result.
}
}Is anybody know from where I can downloaded JUMBO KE-10 driver for SCO Unix?
}
}I'll be very obligated.
}
}			Serge--
} Serge Dmit               |  Latvian Canadian Joint Venture "JET"
} Software Manager         |  25 Bruninieku Str. Riga, 266001 Latvia
} tlx: 161108 JET SU       |  E-mail - dmit at jet.lat.su

I'm posting this because I think it might be of general interest.

The Colorado Memory Systems JUMBO tape is not supported by any SCO driver.
The QIC-40/QIC-80 driver will not work with this unit.  This driver supports
the following drives for ISA class architectures:

     Vendor           Qic-40
     ======           ===============
     Alloy            APT-40/Q
     Mountain         TD44-40
     Tecmar           QT-40i
     Wangtek          FAD 3500,3040F

While tape driver support is a very fluid thing, I am reasonably sure that
any floopy tape not in this list will not work with the QIC-40 drivers
supplied with ODT.

I believe that CMS has a driver for SCO UNIX systems: you'll have to contact
them to obtain a driver for your unit.

I hope this helps you with your problem.

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz at sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.