Olwm woes using Roell's X386

Glenn Geers glenn at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU
Sun Mar 31 07:02:51 AEST 1991

I've just installed X386 on my ESIX box (8 Mb, Tseng Labs SVGA, NEC 3D,
125 MB RLL, 209 MB SCSI) and I'm having a problem with programs that are
associated with olwm (which I prefer because I use it on SUN's as well).
Whenever I attempt to start a cmdtool, shelltool or spider (there may be
others) from the command line I receive the following error message:

X error of failed request: Bad Value (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 118 (X_SetModifierMapping)
Minor opcode of failed request: 0
Resource id in failed request: 0x70
Serial number of failed request: 15

If I try to start these apps from a menu I get no messages but they still won't
start. What gives? Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW All other apps work ok. X386 is very fast. Great work.

Thanks in advance,
	Glenn

Glenn Geers                       | "So when it's over,
                                  |  we're back to people.
Department of Theoretical Physics |  Just to prove that human touch
The University of Sydney          |  can have no equal."
Sydney NSW 2006 Australia         |  - Basia Trzetrzelewska, 'Prime Time TV'

       +61 2 660-2903 (fax)       |

glenn at qed.physics.su.oz.au        | #include <standard_disclaimer.h>