ET4000 Card (was Re: ET400 Card)

Scott Evernden scotte at applix.com
Fri Mar 1 02:56:33 AEST 1991

In article <3305 at kksys.mn.org> gk at kksys.mn.org (Greg Kemnitz) writes:
>In article <3221 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>|In article <22110 at hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastdd at prism.gatech.EDU (David Preston Dykes) writes:

... All about inexpensive ET4000 cards and where to get...

This weekend at a computer flea, I picked up a "generic" "Tseng labs"
SVGA card.  ET4000 and 1 meg ram for $150.  (AGE Computer, Flushing, N.Y.).

I have compared it to my ProDesigner II and it seems more or less identical.
(although it's a smaller board missing all the crystal cans on the PD2).
It's speed is the same.  Under SVr4 X Windows, it works like the PD2 with
the sigma/h evgainit setting.  The fonts even dissolve under sysadm FMLI
the same as the PD2, so it's the same, I guess.  (does anyone understand
this font prob??).

Under Windows 3.0, however, a DOS shell comes up in GREEK with a screen
full of garbage.  So I returned it.  But if you don't do DOS, then...

-scott