ET400 Card

Chin Fang fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 1 03:10:35 AEST 1991

In article <3305 at kksys.mn.org> gk at kksys.mn.org (Greg Kemnitz) writes:
>In article <3221 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>|In article <22110 at hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastdd at prism.gatech.EDU (David Preston Dykes) writes:
>|| 	I have an STB PowerGraph with 1Mb that I will sell for $200.
>||This card employs the ET4000 chipset for which Thomas Roell wrote his
>||now famous server, in addition it comes with drivers for mswindows 3.0 (sic),
>||autocad/shade and most of the other biggies. If you have any further questions
>||please just ask.
>|
>|  And if you miss this bargain you can get a SWAN board, with ET4000,
>|1MB, and a waranty for $199. It comes with drivers, but I only run UNIX
>
>... and in case anyone cares, I have a few of the STB boards populated
>with 512K, socketed for the full 1 MB, that I overbought on... I am
>asking $149, and will include chips to update them to 1 MB for an
>additional $30, for a net of $179 on a full 1 MB board.

To add some fun into this "bargain" thread,  last week a friend of mine bought
a ET4000 based card with *ONE MEG* made by Boca Research from a mail order
place in Arizona, called Warehouse 54, for $158 (Fed Exp 2nd day shipping
included).

He is quite happy with it using it for MSWIN3.x apps.  I don't know whether
it's good for Thomas Roell's server however, since I don't have it's spec.

BTW, Warehouse 54 -> 1-800-955-0054 a number you can find in Computer Shoppers.

Standard Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation whatsoever with either Boca
                      Research or Warehouse 54.  The statements above are
                      strictly for info only.

Check it out however with the Tech Support of Boca Research however.

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University
fangchin at leland.stanford.edu