Software, support, and warranties

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Mar 17 06:44:32 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1991Mar12.205916.2094 at rwwa.COM> by witr at rwwa.COM (Robert W. Withrow):
+---------------
| Actually, I think the analogy between Software and Shoes is apt;
| Another person wrote me something like ``a user could buy the
| (software), use it until it was (obsolete) and then demand a
| refund...'.  If you replace the word (software) with (pair of shoes)
| and the word (obsolete) with the word (worn out) you have the exact
| situation L.L Bean faces.  If they can be quite profitable under those
| circumstances, why can't MtXinu?

Because very few people can make an exact copy of the shoes and then return
the original, keeping the exact copy.  Which is a trivial task with software.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    Ham: KB8JRR on 40m, 10m when time
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		      permits; also 2m, 220, 440, 1200