AST four-port switch settings

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.cfc.com
Sat Mar 2 14:45:04 AEST 1991

Could someone please send me the switch settings for the
AST 4-port board (early version, SN 4889).  I used to have a manual
for this card in one of the boxes...

It will be used in a system with i386 2.2. and fas async driver.
Currently I have two serial ports installed and no IRQs available,
so I guess the 2-port card will have to go.  If I understand
the way it works, the 4-port card only needs one IRQ, which will
leave with one free for a future addition.

I need to have DOS and VPIX recognize COM1 as one of the ports
on the card.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Beylin
alexb at cfctech.cfc.com