AST four-port switch settings

Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Mar 3 07:24:03 AEST 1991

alexb at cfctech.cfc.com (Alex Beylin) writes:

> Could someone please send me the switch settings for the
> AST 4-port board (early version, SN 4889).  I used to have a manual
> for this card in one of the boxes...
>
> It will be used in a system with i386 2.2. and fas async driver.

While you're at it could you tell me where I can get such a board?

I am currently runing ISC R3.2 V2.2 with only the two COM ports on
a Dell 80386 without 16550A chips and 1) can't get the ICC 8-port
card installed (INTEL no longer makes supports this card but has
promised to send me some new drivers which have yet to arrive...),
2) a 4-port card I got from Taiwan literally blew up and started to
smoke when I tried to install it (I've sent it back for replacement).

Also, has anybody sucessfully compiled/installed the FAS driver for
ISC? I get linker errors when I try it.

--Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp>