ISC patch

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sun Mar 17 11:05:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar10.022539.2870 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>Hmmm... interesting.
>
>It seems as though some people DO have the patch disks to fix the security
>hole in ISC 2.2.
>
>However, Multiuser Systems (which used to be ISC Hollis) didn't late last week, and said they didn't know where it was.

Now I have to go out and look at the disk ISC sent me:
I think it covered 2.2, but I needed only the update to my
2.0.2.  I get it promptly after an emailed request to ISC
tech support, citing my serial # and system.  BTW, this
came after the telemarketer had called me from ISC and,
when I inquired, disavowed any knowledge of the bug or fix.
Email to tech support beats wading through the layers of automated
telephoneattendant!
--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840