SCO's curses

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Sat Mar 23 07:17:49 AEST 1991

SCO's 3.2.0 Dev Sys terminfo curses seems to go crazy (*) when fed
8 bit characters -- Does anyone know if it's fixed in the rev 2.0
Dev sys, and if so, does anyone know how much the upgrade co$ts,
and more importantly, what the part number is ? (I got a *real dumb*
supplier -- quoting part numbers is the only way to get any sense
out of him -- and don't ask me to change suppliers -- managment
directive sez "buy from this sister company or else buy nothing" :-( )

Thanks for any help.

--
(*) "crazy" in this sense: with this program -

	$ cat foo.c
	#include <curses.h>
	main()
	{	initscr();
		addch(0243);
		refresh();
		endwin();
	}

	$ cc -DM_TERMINFO foo.c -ltinfo

I expect a pound sign on an ISO Latin 1 terminal, or a u-acute
on a PC console.  Instead I get a flashing blinking screen full of
carets.  Sigh.  Strangely enough, it *does* work when I add a -xenix
flag, but then GDB doesn't.  Sigh.
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)