New Login: need crypt

Jan-Piet Mens @ Logix GmbH, Wiesbaden jpm at logixwi.uucp
Wed Mar 27 18:27:07 AEST 1991

I am writing a new login which should have a few extras (any ideas ?) for
an SCO UNIX 3.2.2 machine.
Apart from the set_auth* stuff which I have found (omegod :-), there is a
crypt(3) routine in the shared library libc_s that only returns 13
characters of encrypted password.

SCO UNIX though, allows (and has) passwords with more than 13 encrypted
characterns in the security database /tcb/files/auth/?/*.

Now the question: Does anyone know how it is done ? Do you have a free
version of crypt() that does that ? Is it somewhere in the archives ?
(No ftp please, just email)

Thank you very much.
Regards,
	JP
--
Jan-Piet Mens, Logix GmbH				    jpm at logixwi.UUCP
Moritzstr. 50, D-6200 Wiesbaden            ...!uunet!mcsun!unido!logixwi!jpm