Logitech C-7 mouse and SCO-ODT

Ilja Heitlager iheitla at cs.vu.nl
Thu Mar 7 22:03:29 AEST 1991

Heeeeeeellllllllpppppppp !!!!!!

Finally got SCO-ODT on my IBM PS/2-70 and that da#$%%&$&n mouse won't work.

Ok let's start from the beginning.
SETUP
	- IBM PS/2 Model 70
		4MB Ram
		80MB HD
		Additional VGA monitor
		(BTW Who can help me with that the buildin monitor won't
		 work too)

	- SCO-ODT

	- A Logitech C7 serial mouse.
	  (No idea how this thing works, but it comes from a XT and it
	   works on that machine)

DIAGNOSTICS
	I installed the package(Not ODT-DATA cause I only have 80MB)
	and (I didn't know better) directly changed the settings for
	the C9 mouse, as in the "Release manual".
	Well the "usemouse" utility worked correctly, only Xwindows
	was like my ex-girlfriend >> Looks nice on the outside, but
	you can do nothing with it.

	Well my last attempt to fix it and make it like my new girlfriend
	didn't work >> usemouse said that there was no mouse available.

QUESTIONS
	- Is it possible to connect a serial mouse, or do I need a
	  ps/2 standard mouse.

	- Wat driver do I need (in /usr/lib/events/devices)

	- Why is there nothing in /dev/mouse for Logitech mice.

Ilja,

        Ilja Heitlager          |
        Vrije Universiteit      | E-Mail <iheitla at cs.vu.nl>
        Amsterdam               |