WANGTEK 5150 PROBLEM

Scott Evernden scotte at applix.com
Fri Mar 8 06:27:58 AEST 1991

In article <199 at picker.Picker.COM> kobetitsch at picker.com (harry kobetitsch) writes:

>The tape drive will back up the complete file system but it will
>take two days to do it because it will not stream.
>
>I have dealt with Interactive and Wangtek and they both are unable
>to solve the problem. I have used the PC-36 controller as well as
>the PC-02 controller, both with the same results.

I had a problem with a Wangtek 5150ES SCSI not streaming.  It turned out
that there's a jumper that selects "power-on buffered mode" which was in
the wrong position.

In trying to track down this problem and get jumper diagrams, I discovered
that Wangtek has at least 3 revs of the (SCSI) circuit board released.
In my case (this may not help you all, since you're using a PC-36), HDR3
PIN 7 needs to be set in the A-B position.  This is for board assy #30600.
For board assys #33671 and #30559, its HDR3, PIN 1.

I hope this is of some value to you and others...

-scott