WANGTEK 5150 PROBLEM

harry kobetitsch kobetitsch at picker.com
Thu Mar 7 22:47:20 AEST 1991

I have a problem with Wangtek 5150 tape drive backups
running on Interactive UNIX V2.2 . The problem  is that under
Interactive UNIX I will use the following command:

	$ find / -print | cpio -ovcdumC12400 >/dev/tape

The tape drive will back up the complete file system but it will
take two days to do it because it will not stream.

I have dealt with Interactive and Wangtek and they both are unable
to solve the problem. I have used the PC-36 controller as well as
the PC-02 controller, both with the same results.

I am using a DMI 386 w/8MB Ram, Paradise VGA, Adaptec SCSI w/ Priam
320MB drive, Coprocessor, Western Digital Ethernet Card.

Can anybody out there provide input to this problem. I would
appreciate any input.

FAX: (216)473-7032
Voice: (216)473-2624
E-mail: kobetitsch at picker.com