Sony SMO-C501 drive - help needed

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.cfc.com
Sun Mar 3 11:01:22 AEST 1991

Have anyone in the 386-based netland had experience
with a Sony SMO-C501 Read/Write optical drives? It is a
removable, 300 MB cartridge device with a SCSI interface.

The one I have is manufactured in 1989 and is version "B",
according to the label.

The problem is drivers.  I would like to connect it to the
Adaptec 1540 SCSI, but I do not see this device in the
list of the supported devices for Interactive 2.2, so I guess my chances of
getting it to work are slim.

Any assistance or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alex Beylin
alexb at cfctech.cfc.com
...!sharkey!cfctech!alexb