FAS_2.08 Installation Problems

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Thu Mar 14 11:42:17 AEST 1991

rock at rancho.uucp (Rock Kent) writes:

>FAS 2.08 is behaving as if the hardware flow control is incorrectly
>set up and I can't figure out why.  I'd appreciate hearing from
>someone who understands the differences in how 2.07 and 2.08 deal with
>flow control.
>

>I've been running FAS successfully on a Microport V/386 3.0e system
>since it was posted by Jim Murray in May, 1989.

Just to be exact: FAS was developed and released by me, not by Jim Murray.
However, FAS is based on an early release of Jim Murrays ASY replacement
driver for Microport.

>In both cases, I defined my devices as:
>                                   4, 48 Mar 11 18:47 /dev/tty00
>                                   4, 49 Mar 11 22:13 /dev/tty01
>                                   4,208 Mar 10 23:32 /dev/ttyM00
>                                   4,209 Mar 11 18:56 /dev/ttyM01

This is the source of your problem. The minor device numbers have
changed from FAS 2.07 to 2.08. Actually, this is mentioned in the
release notes. You should use the default values for FAS 2.08,
that is, 80, 81, 208 and 209, respectively.

The mode you selected for the dial-out devices is half duplex (output
only) hardware flow control. This wasn't available in FAS 2.07.

     Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  INET : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  UUCP : ...!unido!fub!geminix.in-berlin.de!gemini