Porting PCNFSD to XENIX

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Fri Mar 15 03:43:39 AEST 1991

In article <4802 at eastapps.East.Sun.COM>
	mario at theglove.Canada.Sun.COM (Mario Dorion - Sun Montreal) writes:
>My customer needs help in porting the rpc.pcnfsd to the XENIX
>environment.

If what your customer really needs is printing capability, methinks you
are making a big mistake.  I never say never, but trying to cobble together
pcnfsd without an RPC (let alone an NFS) will be quite painful, at best.

Since you've got pcnfs, I can only assume that you have a machine
besides the XENIX box which runs NFS and the DOS peecees can talk to.
The easiest thing would be to setup a print queue on the NFS server,
and just have it `rsh lp' over to the XENIX box.
--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |
Unicom Systems Development    |    I saw Elvis in my wtmp file.