Question: Smart SCSI controllers for PCs under UNIX

Mark A. Emanuele emanuele at overlf.UUCP
Thu Mar 14 12:45:10 AEST 1991

I've had an early PSI board in my 386 and it sped things up somewhat,
but I was running it in ST506 mode.  The drivers weren't ready for it yet.
It also used to lock up from time to time with a power down required to
reset the machine. I had one of the Original boards and they are
upgrading me now to correct the problem. They also say that the new SCO
UNIX drivers will make it run about 10-20 times faster than before. I
would be also running in DMA mode.

--
Mark A. Emanuele
V.P. Engineering  Overleaf, Inc.