ISC 2.2.1 csh scripts fail on remote mounted filesystems

leo at aai.com leo at aai.com
Tue Mar 19 04:40:33 AEST 1991

If you try to execute a script that lives on a remote file system and the
script begins with #! /bin/csh, you get a file not found error.  This makes
NFS rather useless for us since the sources for the software we rebuild
every day reside on the fileserver.  It seems to be sometimes looking for
the file in the parent of the correct directory and sometimes in /.

Does anyone have a workaround for this one?  ISC said it would be fixed by
R4.  We were told that the beta that fixes it is known to have other
problems.

--
Leo	leo at aai.com   leo%aai at uunet.uu.net   ...uunet!aai!leo