postscript printer on serial port ISC unix v2.2

J. Keith Alston jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 19 05:17:29 AEST 1991

     Hello,
       I am attempting to set up a postscript printer on a serial
   port on a Compaq 33 Mhz 386, running ISC unix 2.2. I've used the
   sysadm utility to add a serial printer. These are my line settings:

    stty -parenb -parodd cs8 9600 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -loblk \
     ignbrk -brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl -iuclc \
     ixon -ixany -ixoff \
     -isig icanon -xcase -echo -echoe -echok -echonl noflsh \
     opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel tab0 \
     line 0 \
     0<&1

    I can talk to the printer, I know this because when I do a
    " lp -d ast psfilename " the light on the front of the printer
    comes on. This light stays on for a few minutes and then goes out
    without ever printing anything. I've set up the printer as just
    your basic serial printer, no printer type or filter. Anyone out
    there done this and had these type of problems ?  Thanks in Advance
    for all help.
--
"In this world you must be OH so smart or OH so pleasant...
			 I recommend pleasant"----> Elwood P. Dowd
Lockheed Eng. and Sci. Co./Nasa Larc|J. Keith Alston jka at radar0.larc.nasa.gov