Blackout in X386 1.1 on ESIX 3.2.D

Glenn G. Lai glenn at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 5 11:21:08 AEST 1991

I've compiled xloadimage with both gcc and cc.  Whenever I move the mouse
cursor into the xloadimage window, the screen will black out and won't
come back unless I switch to another virtual terminal to kill xloadimage.

I've tried another X client that uses its own eight-bit colormap.  If I
move the mouse cursor inside the window, the screen again blacks out (well,
almost), but when the mouse cursor leaves the window, everything is then
back to normal.

At first, I suspected that twm was at fault, since it was supposed to switch
colormaps when the mouse cursor was moved into a new window.  However, after
I had finally managed to compile another twm, I got the same result.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Glenn
glenn at cs.utexas.edu