WARNING : Deinstall in SCO UNIX DANGEROUS!

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Mon Mar 11 03:47:22 AEST 1991

As quoted from <357 at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US> by wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US (Warren Tucker):
+---------------
| In article <9113 at lkbreth.foretune.co.jp> trebor at lkbreth.foretune.co.jp (Robert J Woodhead) writes:
| >However, I did find it disturbing that doing a partial install of the
| >SCO development system partially DEINSTALLS the extended utilties of the
| >OS.  In order to get things to work, you must then re-install the utilities.
| >
| >Did anyone at SCO ever bother to test their install/deinstall scripts?
|
| I haven't experienced the problems you discuss, but there are some
| warnings in the release notes about certain deinstalls. None of them
| spoke of /usr going away in toto.

I did the same deinstall Robert spoke of (removing the DOS and OS/2 cross-
development stuff) under 2.3.1 and /usr didn't vanish.  We'll see what happens
when 2.3.2 gets here.  (I found out why it's taking so long, at least....)

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    Ham: KB8JRR on 40m, 10m when time
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		      permits; also 2m, 220, 440, 1200