Problem with UUCP all of a sudden...

Jan Mikkelsen janm at dramba.neis.oz
Mon Mar 25 03:20:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar20.023140.524 at admiral.uucp> doug at admiral.uucp (Doug Fields) writes:
>Hi. My incoming uucp logins have all of the sudden died! Here's the problem
>from the uulog:
>
>FAILED (BAD LOGIN/MACHINE COMBINATION)
>
>I am running SCO Unix 3.2.2/MC with the security relaxment. All the logins
>worked a week or two ago. Please advise anyone... Thanks!
>
>Oh yes... My uucp dialouts still work!

I assume SCO Unix runs HoneyDanBer ...

You have a problem in the /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions file.  You need to
make sure that the "LOGNAME" entry contains the login name which remote
sites use to log into your machine, AND that the "MACHINE" entry contains
a list of their node names, delimited by colons (:).

There is probably an administrators guide to uucp somewhere in your
documentation, which will explain the Permissions file in more detail.
--
Jan Mikkelsen
janm at dramba.neis.oz.AU or janm%dramba.neis.oz at metro.ucc.su.oz.au
"She really is."