ISC 2.2 - DOS partitions and COMPAQ?

Hibbard T. Smith JR smitty at essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM
Tue Mar 26 11:00:43 AEST 1991

Interactive unix 2.2 and COMPAQ DOS 3.3 can't seem to agree about a DOS
partition.  When I try and mount the DOS partition on this 110 MB disk
(it's a 32MB partition), a df or dfspace only seems to know about 4 MB of
space.

The partition had to be created with the DOS fdisk.  When it was created
with the ISC fdisk, DOS wouldn't recognize it.  Is this another of those
strange media descriptor problems?  I don't know enough about COMPAQ to
know if they're non-standard or not.  This COMPAQ is a DESKPRO 386, which
is really a 386SX system.

I've had good luck with ISC and other DOS partitions on other hardware, but,
this is my first trial on a COMPAQ

I'd sure appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks in advance.
--
		Smitty