WANGTEK 5150 PROBLEM

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.uucp
Sat Mar 9 16:38:28 AEST 1991

kobetitsch at picker.com (harry kobetitsch) writes:

>I have a problem with Wangtek 5150 tape drive backups
>running on Interactive UNIX V2.2 . The problem  is that under
>Interactive UNIX I will use the following command:

>	$ find / -print | cpio -ovcdumC12400 >/dev/tape

>The tape drive will back up the complete file system but it will
>take two days to do it because it will not stream.

 I use a Wangtek 5150ES off my 1542B and it runs along quite happily.
I use the following to back up:

find . -print | cpio -ocvBO /dev/tape

and it works great and streams right along (and using . instead of /
allows one to pick and choose file systems or even partial file
systems to back up). I get outstanding rates on the backups, too.
--
 Grant DeLorean  (grant at bluemoon)    {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!grant